Thu, Feb 22
- This event has passed.
September Yappy Hour
Thu, September 21 | 5 PM - 7 PM
Get ready to unleash your inner football fanatic and share the game-day excitement with your furry best friend. Dress your four-legged MVP in their best team colors for September’s Yappy Hour TAILgate 🏈📣
You and your furry friends can embark on a delightful stroll through Hilldale and enjoy activities plus specials from your favorite shops and restaurants.
- The first 50 dogs to register AND donate to Dane County Humane Society will fetch themselves a swag bag at the event.
- Enjoy another “pup crawl” by Petphoria: Follow the map for pup treats all around Hilldale. While supplies last. Maps can be picked up at the Hilldale counter in The Plaza.
- Tail-wagging touchdowns! Play fetch on our mini football field on The Green.
- Pose for a caricature art drawing of you and your pet. First come, first serve- while time permits! It’s a fetching keepsake you’ll cherish forever.
- Talk with volunteers from our charity partner, Dane County Humane Society about their services.
- ‘Jump Around’ to iconic game-day songs and other music on The Green from DJ Josh B. Kuhl.
- Stop by the Dogtopia table to chat about why certifications in the dog industry are as crucial as a tennis ball at playtime. Learn what to sniff out when choosing a daycare, groomer, or trainer.
- Snap a photo at various photo-ops around Hilldale. Remember to tag @hilldalemadison when you share!
🐾 In-Store Fun
- Bring the pups to Blended to receive a free mini “pup-cup” sample. While supplies last.
- Stop by Kendra Scott where your pups can get a refreshing pup cup or water cup.
- Pose with your pup at Paper Source in front of a fun backdrop with some of their most pup-ular wearables.
- Enjoy Sparkling Sips & Shop at Petphoria. Sip on refreshing sparkling waters from Klarbrunn and mutt-tinis while you and your furry friends shop till you drop. Added bonus – launch of their dog bee pollen kit with Founder and Brand Ambassador from Bee2Be will be in store to give out samples and talk about bee pollen benefits for your pup!
- Get ready for a paw-ty like no other at the Pup Patio Party at Shake Shack! They’re serving up burgers, fries and boozy beverages for the humans, while furry friends can indulge in treats like the famous Pooch-ini. Sign up to win a prize while you sip on lemonade samples.
- Swing by the table in front of Smile Doctors with your pup and enter to win the ultimate tailgate package in their raffle.
🐾 Fetch These Deals
- Amara – Enjoy y(h)appy hour on the pup-friendly patio with a free glass of bubbly for humans that visit with their pet.
- Gigi’s Cupcakes – Purchase “Pupcakes” made for dogs with dog-safe ingredients. $2.50 each or $10 for a box of 4.
- Kendra Scott – 15% off and a free dog charm with purchase.
- Morgan’s Shoes – Free pair of socks with purchase of full-priced pair of shoes.
- Paper Source – 10% off for dogs and their people.
- Wildewood – 20% off all of their pet-friendly plants.
🐕🦺 Did you know that many Hilldale shops and patios are pet friendly? Click here to see the full list and make plans to stop in with your pup!
💜 Meet Our Charity Partner
Dane County Humane Society (DCHS) provides refuge, healing, and new beginnings to thousands of companion animals, exotic species, farm animals, and injured or orphaned wild animals every year. DCHS is a private, non-profit, community-supported organization and is not affiliated with any government agency or national animal welfare organization. We are an open admission shelter accepting all animals that need assistance regardless of age, health status, or temperament. DCHS has an adoption guarantee, meaning all healthy or treatable animals can stay at DCHS as long as it takes to find a loving home.
🐶 Yappy Hour Guidelines
- Dogs must be on a leash at all times.
- Dogs must behave properly; aggressive dogs will be asked to leave, whether they are aggressive toward people or dogs.
- You knowingly and voluntarily assume any risk of harm to yourself and your dog. Owners must remain with their dog at all times.
- Dog owners are liable for damage, injury or illness inflicted by their dogs. This means owners are financially and legally responsible for their dog’s behavior.
- Dog owners must prevent aggressive behavior including fighting, excessive barking, and biting.
- If an incident occurs and a person or dog is injured, the incident MUST be reported to event staff immediately.
- Dog excrement must be cleaned up immediately and disposed of properly by dog owner.
📸 Please note that by taking part in this event, you grant the event organizers full rights to use the images resulting from photography/video filming. If you do not wish to be photographed, please let the staff and/or photographer know.