Mon, Mar 8
- Tell us about a little about yourself and your art style!
- I’m a mural artist and oil painter. Florals, especially black and white, are starting to become my signature style with other elements and bright colors working their way in. I love using Posca Markers to paint all kinds of things like these flamingos! I am so excited to be part of more community projects. I’m not a Wisconsin native, so getting to find my place in the art community here in Madison has been the best thing I could ask for. It’s truly my favorite city!
- Where do you get your inspiration?
- The different shapes in flowers and specific color combinations are my current inspiration. It’s all about seeing what you can do with different shapes.
- What other artists have impacted your art practice?
- JULU is my favorite muralist at the moment, and I’m a big fan of Milwaukee’s Emma Daisy. I went to an arts college so almost every friend of mine is a different kind of artist. Surrounding myself with creative people definitely influences my art and my life.
- Tell us about the flamingos you painted for us!
- I knew I wanted to do fun florals and play with some color combinations. Flamingos are fun, tropical, and bright!
- To see more art from Julie:
Wait, there’s more…
Stick around and see what else is in store. It’s all good.