Mon, Mar 8
Bringing Summer to You this Winter
Experience the warm winter vibes at Hilldale featuring a flock of plastic flamingos, tropical décor, beach toys, local art, an outdoor bar and sunny photo-ops. Find the Pop of Summer installation on the Green (near the apple store).
- bartaco will be serving up cocktail demos on the Green by the tiki bar. Stop by Tuesdays at 3pm, January 19- February 23
- Plus $1 from every crispy avocado #bartacosecret taco sold at the bartaco Hilldale location (1/19-2/28) will be donated to the Henry Vilas Zoo!
- ORDER HERE
- Visit Café Hollander for $2 off the Dragonberry Daquiri and Berry Blast Mimosa, January 14- February 28
- Visit the Green to view the light up flamingos from the Fantasy in Lights display presented by Forward Madison FC
- Hilda the Hilldale Flamingo Mascot will be flying in Tuesdays from 3pm-5pm to pose for photos and pass out goodies!
- Browse the installation and learn Flamingo Facts presented by our friends at the Henry Vilas Zoo.
- Support the Zoo – Donate HERE
- 100% of your donation goes directly towards: Daily Care, Veterinary Care and Nutrition for 75+ animal species at Henry Vilas Zoo.
Visit Hilldale during this installation for warm vibes and exclusive offers:
- Sweat it out! Each Friday the 4:30pm class at [solidcore] will be happy hour themed with goodies, giveaways and a raffle for a Café Hollander gift card. Book your spot here.
- Every Tuesday at Gigi’s Cupcakes stop by to pick up a Flamingo themed cupcake, they’re cute & delicious! (While supplies last, through February 23)
- Ulla Eyewear: Shop Annual Eyewear Sale January 29 – 31 to receive 20% off all full price, in stock frames and sunglasses!
Five local artists added some color and flair and painted a pair of flamingos to display during WINTER WHAT? You will find their finished product in the display windows across from Anthropologie. View the interviews below to learn more about each artist.
Diane grew up in China and this is her eighth year in Wisconsin.Diane's Interview
The flamingos Emma painted represent fond memories of summer when she was a child.Emma's Interview
Xizhou incorporates dreamy color palettes and bold textures in her art.Xizhou's Interview
Julie isn’t a Wisconsin native, but loves to be apart of the Madison art community; it’s truly her favorite city.Julie's Interview
Haley mostly works with pencil and digital and thought it was a fun challenge returning to painting (on plastic flamingos no less)Haley's Interview
Wait, there’s more…
Stick around and see what else is in store. It’s all good.