Thu, Apr 22
Server at Café Hollander
Apr 6 | Café Hollander
Location: Café Hollander Madison
Your role as a Server at a Lowlands Group Restaurant is extremely important to our success. Guests come to our Cafe’s for various reasons– business lunches, the afternoon cocktails and drinks, dinner with family or friends, a quick dessert, special events, family milestones, or an amazing brunch. Timing and tailoring your service style is critical to successfully providing our guests with optimal service. Our goal is to provide the type of unique and genuine care that our guests tell stories about as they become raving fans.
When guests are seated at our tables, it’s the first impression and our staff’s overall quality of service that are remembered. Approach our guests in a friendly warm demeanor, always making eye contact, and always be ready to engage with them genuine care and attention to detail.
We expect our team to take pride in what we do, making our guests’ experiences in our Cafés as warm and inviting as if they were in our own homes. That is the Lowlands dining experience, and your knowledge and pride of our food, drinks and operations enable us to bring that experience to life for our guests. With clear direction and communication from the management team and your trainers you will be trained to company expectations. With this knowledge and skillset you will be an effective team player and provide our guests with a high level of quality service.
- Report to work as scheduled, on time, well-groomed and dressed in proper uniform.
- Greet, serve guests in a prompt, friendly, professional way.
- Have Bier and Menu knowledge
- Be familiar with specials and soups of the day prior to starting the shift.
- Take food and drink orders promptly and accurately.
- Check back with customers to ensure satisfaction with food and service, refill drinks, and take any additional orders.
- Handle customer complaints in a calm, courteous manner. Inform supervisor of any customer complaints or suggestions.
- Restock service areas.
- Keep service areas clean and complete all assigned cleaning tasks.
- Team Player
- Team Communication
- Performs assigned tasks
- Continuous development of food & beverage product knowledge
- Customer Service Skills
- Ability to maintain Professionalism at all times
- Ability to communicate clearly
- Ability to work well with others
- Ability to multi-task
General Physical Demands for the Position:
Servers will regularly stand for long periods of time, bend, stoop, turn, lift, talk, walk, walk on uneven ground, carry and lift up to fifty (50) pounds. Team lift is required for anything over twenty-five (25) pounds or any awkward lifting.