Sat, Oct 31
Seasonal Sales Associate
Oct 12 | Sur La Table
Find Your Place at the Table
DISCOVER WHERE YOUR PASSION FOR COOKING & ENTERTAINING CAN TAKE YOU
We’re all hands-on people who love to roll up our sleeves and see where the journey takes us. Working at Sur La Table is a lot like making a great meal. It takes effort and attention to detail, but it’s also fun. We’re all here for the same reason: to inspire discovery by helping our customers do more in the kitchen and do it better.
- Position Title
- Seasonal Sales Associate
- Description of position, including Key Responsibilities
- The Seasonal Sales Associate contributes to the success of a Sur La Table store by inspiring customers on all points of their culinary journey. This role seeks out customers to assist with product information, location, pricing, and availability. The Seasonal Sales Associate reports to either a General Manager or Store Manager.
- Provides an exceptional customer experience according to customer service standards. Proactively seeks out customers in order to determine needs and sell items.
- Completes category training and seeks out additional product information when necessary.
- Works as a part of a high-performing team to achieve store’s sales plan. Strives to achieve individual sales goals.
- Shares product assortment and services such as, gift registry and cooking classes with customers. Demonstrates products upon request of a customer or as directed by a manager.
- Consistently follows all Sur La Table policies and standard operating procedures (SOPs).
- Maintains a clean store environment, including restrooms.
- Stocks and replenishes the sales floor using FIF0 and according to visual standards.
- Records time worked, accurately and according to SLT policy.
- Demonstrates exceptional verbal and written communication skills with employees, customers and store management team.
- Protects customers, employees, and company assets. Notifies Manager on Duty of safety risk or threat in the store.
- Additional responsibilities as assigned by Manager on Duty (MOD), General Manager or Store Manager.
- Key Responsibilities
- Ability to communicate verbally and work cooperatively with employees and customers.
- Ability to remain in a stationary position for up to 3 hours at a time.
- Ability to move about the work place selling to customers and retrieving merchandise from storage and/or sales floor.
- Ability to grab, reach, push, pull, bend, stoop, kneel and crouch in order to demonstrate, retrieve and/or replenish merchandise.
- Ability to work a varied schedule including nights and weekends as business dictates.
- Ability to ascend/descend ladders in order to retrieve and/or move merchandise.
- Ability to operate a computer, POS system, keyboards, merchandise scanners and mouse in order to accomplish work.
- Regular and predictable attendance.
- Ability to lift and/or move merchandise weighing up to 35 lbs.
- Skills and Experience Required
- 1 year retail sales experience (preferred).
- Must be at least 18 years old.
- May require Food Handlers Certification.
- Sur La Table Core Competencies for Everyone
- Focus on the Customer: You inspire and delight your customers.
- Be Genuine: Your communication style is respectful, effective and sincere.
- Make the Right Call: You effectively blend knowledge, experience, wisdom & decisive action.
- Take Ownership: You are committed, responsible and provide solutions.
- Achieve Results: You meet and exceed goals and expectations.
- How to Apply