Tue, Jun 6
PT Chef Instructor – Pastry
May 12 | Sur La Table
Number of Positions: 2
Email Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Models and directs employees to ensure customer service standards are met.
- Delivers an exceptional cooking class experience at every class using recipes and game plans provided.
- Stays informed by maintaining product knowledge, accesses available training and seeks out additional resources when necessary.
- Ensures high standards of sanitation and cleanliness are maintained throughout the experience. Keeps work area and guest areas clean and organized.
- Ensures all food items are cooked and served at the correct temperature and under sanitary conditions.
- Works as a part of a high-performing team to achieve store’s sales plan. Strives to achieve individual and/or class sales goals.
- Models and ensures all Sur La Table policies and standard operating procedures (SOPs) are communicated effectively to employees, maintained and consistently followed.
- Provides coaching in the moment and performance feedback to Kitchen Assistants and communicates performance issues directly to the Resident Chef.
- Seeks opportunities to increase cooking class and retail sales.
- Records time worked, accurately and according to SLT policy.
- Anticipates and solves problems by taking decisive action, follows up with Resident Chef.
- Demonstrates exceptional verbal and written communication skills with employees, customers, field management and corporate office.
- May handle, serve, and pour liquor, wine and beer and/or mix ingredients, such as liquor, soda, water and etc. in order to prepare cocktails and other drinks. Additional responsibilities as assigned by Resident Chef.
- 1-2 Years kitchen operations experience.
- Culinary degree in Pastry or equivalent experience considered in lieu of degree.
- Demonstrated successful teaching and training experience.
- Proven ability to drive sales and motivate teams.
- Proven communication skills.
- Valid Food Handlers and/or Food Manager Certification
- Must be at least 21 years old
- Familiarity with MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook).