Wed, Oct 4
General Manager at FreshFin
Sep 8 | FreshFin
Title: General Manager
Email Contact: email@example.com
Our General Managers are the leaders of our FreshFin shops where our teams make real food from scratch. In this role, you will oversee a full-service back of house operation, as well as an upscale fast-casual front of house model.
- You exude an entrepreneurial spirit and thrive in an environment where you can take ownership of your shop and share in the financial upside when your shop performs well.
- You are energized by getting out from behind a computer screen and interacting with your team and your customers, and you spend the majority of your time doing just that. The expectation is for our GMs to be immersed in the shop’s operations (prepping, making bowls, helping customers, managing vendors, cleaning, training, etc) approximately 35-40 hours/week.
- At the same time, you recognize the administrative aspects of your role are important and dedicate about 20% of your time to managing the P&L, budgeting, inventory, hiring, and scheduling, all with a high degree of attention to detail. The expectation is for our GMs to focus on admin tasks approximately 5-10 hours/week.
- You know that your role as a team leader is paramount, and you prioritize developing and maintaining a highly engaged team who are motivated to deliver a best-in-class customer experience each and every shift.
- You aren’t afraid to get deep in the dish pit or help slice ahi tuna, when needed. You lead by example, and you don’t ask your Team Members to do anything you wouldn’t do yourself.
- Above all else, you are laser-focused on providing a memorable dining experience to our guests that makes them want to return to our shops again and again!
- You have at least 2 years of prior experience in restaurant management. If that was as a General Manager in a multi-unit, fast-casual restaurant, even better!
- Your restaurant management experience includes both the financial and operational elements of running a restaurant including P&L, COGS, inventory, budgeting, financial planning and strategy, scheduling, and training. If your experience doesn’t include any of these, no problem, but you have to be willing to learn!
- You are a proven leader of people and have managed a team in the past with a high degree of emotional intelligence.
- Our General Managers have to be strong communicators, organized, respectful and empathetic.
- A strong focus on customer service and providing a memorable experience for all guests.
- Open availability to work weekdays and weekends
- You can expect to work no more than 45-50 hours and you will rarely work past 8pm if the staff’s schedule allows it. Your schedule can be flexible based on the operation and the needs of your Team.