Fri, Dec 1
Full Time Culinary Lead
Nov 22 | Sur La Table
Number of Positions: 1
Email Contact: email@example.com
- Models and directs employees to ensure customer service standards are met.
- Delivers and holds employees accountable for an exceptional cooking class experience at every class using recipes and game plans provided.
- Contributes to an environment where employees are informed and capable by supporting and/or delivering training for all employees.
- Maintains proper storage, prep and service procedures and maintains all equipment and workspaces to ensure sanitary conditions.
- Ensures all food items are cooked and served at the correct temperature.
- Models and ensures all Sur La Table policies and standard operating procedures (SOPs) are communicated effectively to employees, maintained and consistently followed.
- Provides coaching in the moment and performance feedback to culinary employees.
- Seeks opportunities to increase cooking class and retail sales and directs culinary employees to execute sales plans.
- Anticipates and solves problems by taking decisive action, follows up with the Resident Chef.
- Stays informed by maintaining product knowledge, accesses available training and seeks out additional resources when necessary.
- Ensures the accuracy and integrity of employee information including, but not limited to, Time and Attendance records and personal data.
- Appropriately partners with Resident Chef, HQ Culinary Team, Human Resources and other departments as needed or necessary.
- Demonstrate exceptional verbal and written communication skills with employees, customers, field management and corporate office.
- Ensures adherence to applicable wage and hour laws. Accurately records time worked according to SLT policy.
- May handle, serve, and pour liquor, wine and beer and/or mix ingredients, such as liquor, soda, water and etc. in order to prepare cocktails and other drinks.
- Additional responsibilities as assigned by Resident Chef.