Fri, Jan 29
Oct 12 | Sur La Table
The Floor Lead contributes to the success of a Sur La Table store by inspiring customers on all points of their culinary journey. This role supports either a General Manager (GM) or Store Manager (SM) in the achievement of sales goals and directs daily store operations as Manager on Duty (MOD). The Floor Lead reports to either a General Manager (GM) or Store Manager (SM).
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITES:
- Models and holds employees accountable to customer service standards.
- Contributes to an environment where employees are informed and capable by supporting training for all employees.
- Models and ensures all Sur La Table policies and standard operating procedures (SOPs) are communicated effectively to employees, maintained and consistently followed.
- Works as a part of a high-performing team to achieve store’s sales plan. Supports sales driving initiatives, creates daily agendas and directs selling activities as (MOD).
- Provides coaching in the moment and performance feedback to employees and communicates performance issues directly to the General Manager or Store Manager.
- Directs employees to ensure appropriate merchandise stock levels, merchandise presentations, and ensures selling floor is adequately stocked according to visual standards.
- Stays informed by maintaining product knowledge, accesses available training and seeks out additional resources when necessary.
- Completes inventory transactions including but not limited to, receiving, MOS, and RARs. Rings employee transactions.
- Demonstrates exceptional verbal and written communication skills with employees, customers, field management and corporate office.
- Ensures adherence to applicable wage and hour laws. Accurately records time worked according to SLT policy.
- Additional responsibilities as assigned by General Manager or Store Manager.
- Ability to communicate verbally and work cooperatively with employees and customers.
- Ability to remain in a stationary position for up to 3 hours at a time.
- Ability to move about the work place coaching and directing employees; selling to customers and retrieving merchandise from storage or sales floor.
- Ability to grab, reach, push, pull, bend, stoop, kneel and crouch in order to demonstrate, retrieve and replenish merchandise.
- Ability to work a varied schedule to observe employees and customers at different times of the day, week and year.
- Ability to ascend/descend ladders in order to retrieve and/or move merchandise.
- Ability to operate a computer, POS system, keyboards, merchandise scanners and mouse in order to accomplish work.
- Regular and predictable attendance.
- Ability to lift and/ or move merchandise weighing up to 35 lbs.
EXPERIENCE AND REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- 1 year of retail sales and customer service experience. Prior experience as a Sur La Table Sales Associate, preferred.
- 1 year of retail supervisory experience, preferred.
- Proficient in POS Systems.
- Some experience with MS Office Suite (Outlook, Word and Excel).
- May require Food Handlers Certification.
Sur La Table Core Competencies for Everyone:
- Focus on the Customer: You inspire and delight your customers.
- Be Genuine: Your communication style is respectful, effective and sincere.
- Make the Right Call: You effectively blend knowledge, experience, wisdom & decisive action.
- Take Ownership: You are committed, responsible and provide solutions.
- Achieve Results: You meet and exceed goals and expectations.
How to Apply: https://www.surlatable.com/careers.html