Sat, Jul 9
Farmers Market Manager
Feb 22 | Hilldale Management Office
The Hilldale Farmers Market is open every Wednesday and Saturday, 8:00am – 1:00pm from May to October.
The Market is located in the lot behind L.L. Bean, off of Segoe Road.
- The Market Manager handles all operational aspects of the Farmers Market (except for the advertising, and PR which is handled by the Hilldale Marketing dept.)
- The Market Manager is expected to attend Market days for set up and take down every Wed. and Sat. 7a-1p from May through October.
- The Market Manager will provide qualified personnel to substitute staff and communicate the name and contact information to the Property Manager if they can not staff market days. The Market Manager will be responsible for any compensation provided to any qualified personnel acting as a temporary substitute staff.
- Update the Market database of market vendors
- Review market vendor applications with Owner and process approved applications
- Communicate with all market vendors, distribute approved information, manage conflicts
- Understand & implement the guidelines set forth by the Health Dept in operating the market. Both Covid and otherwise.
- Collect and retain market applications, hold harmless form, applicable fees and other paperwork from market vendors and Entertainers and buskers
- Be on site during market days from start to finish of the market, but arrive no later than 60 minutes prior to the start
- Supervise all market vendors and weekly market activities, including: entertainment (i.e. busking, information sharing activities).
- Set up and take down of all signage and market equipment (tables, tents, etc.), leaving the parking lot clean upon removal
- Sell daily permits and collect daily fees from those market vendors, and place those market vendors in available stalls.
- Collect monthly booth sales and accounting updates to Hilldale Mgmt
- Monthly booth sales sent via the addressed envelopes to be provided by Hilldale Mgmt
- Work with Hilldale Mgmt to anticipate dangerous weather conditions, and manage communication around market cancellations to market vendors and public
- Ensure that market vendors conduct themselves according to Property guidelines
- Set up EBT program for this season’s market
- Capture photography and manage social media account (Facebook)
Interested in applying? Submit your resume to: Hilldale@wsdevelopment.com