Wed, Oct 27
Assistant Manager at Madewell
Oct 13 | Madewell
Assistant Manager, Madewell, Hilldale Shopping Center
YOU’VE GOT TO…
- Be friendly, helpful, and always smiling, for starters.
- Love the brand and ensure that passion shows up every day.
- Be the best at what you do and achieve your goals.
- Have a great fashion aesthetic and be plugged in to what’s happening in the industry and community.
- Be energized by change; shift gears quickly and rally the team behind new strategies and projects.
- Be aware of what’s going on around you and pick up on subtle cues to adjust approach and tempo.
- Enjoy working hard and always see things through from start to finish.
- Make smart decisions by actively listening, understanding data and looking beyond the obvious.
- Look under rocks, be curious, ask questions, and think boldly.
- Know when to act and when to partner.
- Generate ideas to evolve the business.
- Foster collaboration and productivity.
WE’LL WANT YOU TO…
- Be energized by creating a customer experience that exceeds expectations.
- Get to know your customer, be the denim expert and set the pace for wardrobing.
- Know what’s happening with our denim competitors and speak to why we are an industry leader.
- Own the selling floor, ensure that the right people are in the right place at the right time, and manage payroll.
- Observe associate performance and assist if necessary to make a sale.
- Lead fit sessions to enhance product knowledge.
- Ensure associates capture and create profiles during each transaction to drive customer loyalty (except California + Massachusetts).
- Know the neighborhood; the events, artists, local influencers and style-makers.
- Plan brilliant and unique events that support community interests and drive sales.
- Question what can be done better.
- Embrace role ownership and be ready to step in for anyone on the management team as needed.
OH, AND BY THE WAY, YOU…
- Have a high school diploma or equivalent combo of education and experience.
- Have 2 or more years of experience with similar scope, specialty retail preferred.
- Communicate effectively and confidently.
- Process information and operate store systems accurately
- Assist in processing and replenishing and keeping the store looking great.
- Are available when we are busy, including: nights, weekends, and holidays.
- Are adept with technology and apps and familiar with industry-related blogs and feeds.
- Must bend, reach, and stretch for product, as well as lift, carry and move at least 40 pounds.
- Must regularly move around all store areas and be accessible to customers.
BEFORE WE WRAP, A WORD ABOUT A FEW OF OUR WAY COOL PERKS…
- Amazing discounts on clothes and accessories (even new arrivals), flexible days and hours, medical and prescription coverage (even for part time managers) and 401(k)*.
We are committed to affirmatively providing equal opportunity to all associates and qualified applicants without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, legally protected physical or mental disability or any other basis protected under applicable law. *401(k) eligibility rules apply